BANGALORE  DELHI   KOLKATA  MUMBAI
  Photographers   |   Exhibitions   |   Catalogs   |   Press   |   Associates   |   News   |   About Us  |  Contact Us   |  Home


« Back
 
NICHOLAS, John P. | Bio Notes

Nicholas contributed photographs to the exhibitions of the Madras Photography Society from 1858 and to the Calcutta International exhibition in 1884. His studio in Madras ran from c.1861 until at least 1905, although Nicholas himself had probably left India by the mid 1890’s. A London branch of the firm was in business briefly in 1866 and a branch was opened in Ootacamund c.1868. Partnership was shared with H. V. Curths c.1869 through the 1870’s when the name of the firm was Nicholas and Curths. Nicholas and Co. published a catalogue of Photographic Views, Chemicals & c. in 1881. A member of the Nicholas family opened a studio in Mackay, Australia, in 1879.